A lot of people are skilled at writing; the issue, however, is monetizing the skills and making a living from writing. While some people might think it is impossible to make money as a writer, the truth is that you can! And here are some tips on how you can do so:
- Start a blog: One of the best ways to make money as a writer is to have a blog. This way, people can get to read your content and have a feel for what you can do. Then at a section of your blog, you can have a post of ‘hire me’, where people can contact you when they need the service of a writer.
- Become a copywriter: A lot of companies are in need of the services of writers, especially those who can write in specialized areas, and they pay very highly for it. So, if you want to make money as a writer, you can apply to companies as a copywriter and get paid for your skills.
- Enter a writing contest: There are a lot of writing contests every year, such as the Commonwealth Writing contest, where the winners of the contest are paid handsomely. So, you can partake in such contests and when you win, you get paid for your skill.
- Publish a book: Another interesting way to make money as a writer is to publish a book. When your book sells, you get to make money from it, and the best part is that you can make money from your book for many years as long as people keep buying.
- Become a freelancer: Offering freelance services is another way you can make money as a writer. You can advertise your writing services to friends and strangers; depending on how well you can market your skills, you can earn a lot from freelance services.
So, once you are passionate about writing and you can market your skills, there is nothing stopping you from making a lot of money as a writer.