Writing a technical piece can sometimes be a bit of a challenge, especially when you have your readers to consider. However, there are very simple ways you can make your writing more compelling to the average reader making them read all of your content; sharing it to friends and other online readers and also dropping nice comments on your post. These simple tips are:
- Creating a catchy headline: The headline of an article is something most writers don’t pay attention to, because they think it is just a title. But the headline is more than just a title, it is an advert for the article and usually the deciding factor for any reader. So, when you write, it is important to create a very catchy headline to draw the attention of a reader to the article. Jeff Goins, shared 5 simple tricks on how to write a catchy headline. They are:
- Use numbers to give concrete takeaways
- Use emotional objectives to describe your reader’s problem
- Use unique rationale to demonstrate what the reader will get out of the article
- Use what, why, how, or when
- Make an audacious promise
- Undergoing extensive research: A lot of readers love facts and figures, especially when it comes to some particular subject matter. Say you want to write about divorce; if you are writing on such subject matter, readers would expect to read facts on the rate of divorce in a particular country, age group and religion. Thus, undergoing research and providing facts in write up would make it compelling to your readers.
- Offering Value: Most writers write to give value, and it is also what a lot of readers are looking out for when they are reading an article. So, if you focus on giving value in your content, you would get the attention of a lot of readers.
- Using simple language: Your best bet to making people relate with your content and sharing it to others is to use relatively simple words. So, when your words are easy for people to comprehend it becomes more appealing to your readers.
- Using attractive images: People are generally very visual oriented. So, if you want to attract people to your post it is important you add attractive images to your content.
- Formatting the text properly: A clear and organized text is usually compelling to the eye. After writing your article, ensure that the text is well formatted and could be easily read by anyone.
As mentioned earlier, these tips are simple things you can incorporate into your writing to make your content more compelling to your readers. If you practice it, soon your post would be having 5,082 likes, 754 shares and 1,250 comments.